Sunday, September 4, 2016

Still afraid, and somewhat overwhelmed.

I've got most of my gear for my hikes. I have a practice trip planned for a little later this month (with a friend) and another one for in October (in another state, but it is with another friend who backpacks.) I haven't taken the tags off of any of the gear I have gotten.

I am still afraid.
My gear thus far. The big white bag is my sleeping bag (it does have a stuff sack for packing away.) The box is my random food stuff that I have gathered thus far, I still have a few more things I need there. I also have some items I will be collecting from my car and bedroom and I still need a first aid kit.

I'm worried that something might happen and I won't be able to go. I'm worried about going alone, but that is what I want to do. I'm worried I'll have the wrong gear or not enough gear (or too much gear).

I've only taken the tags off of my clothing because I know I will always need clothes.

Somehow this month has come so fast. I have less than four days to get my pottery done for the Renaissance Faire. I'm not sure I'm going to get that done on time. Then after four days at the Renaissance Faire, I have part of one day to make sure I am ready to go on a multi day hike, four days in the Porcupine Mountains and one day to get ready for a fall art fair. Then almost a week and I will be going to a Renaissance Faire to have fun with my sister-in-law. So many things happening all in a row. Usually I have a week between events in my life. Not this month though. This month I am planning and getting ready for four events all at the same time.

1 comment: