Friday, August 26, 2016

Missing my memory

I don't know how I manage to get through a single day sometimes.

Just over a month ago I was checking my inventory at Artistree and noticed two of my Kritters were missing. I emailed all the artists to see if anyone knew anything about them and no one did. Eventually one was discovered, the numbers had been written down wrong when it sold so it got mixed up with some other item from my inventory.
Annabelle, the one on the left, is the other Kritter that appeared to be missing.
Yay! One found. But the other Kritter was still missing. He's been missing for a while and it really was bothering me that I had no idea what really happened to him.

For some reason I decided to go through my email inbox and delete old emails. One from May caught my attention. The subject line was "Gabriel monkey." And I thought, "Hm, that's weird, isn't Gabriel the monkey that went missing a month ago?"

After going through my inventory sheets, I discovered indeed it was the same monkey and according to the emails, he wasn't lost, he already had a home and I was the one who sold him! I had marked his sale on my monthly sales sheets, but never marked it down on my inventory sheet so when I checked my inventory he appeared to be missing.
This is Gabriel, the monkey that went missing.
This is why I make notes, and write things down, and always follow the same pattern when I do things (like loading my car for shows), because when something happens out of the ordinary, I remember things differently than how they actually happened or don't remember at all. (Like with names, I'm sorry if I have ever been introduced to you and can't remember who you are the next time I see you. I have zero memory for names!) If my head wasn't connected to my shoulders I would probably forget what happened to that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment