Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Musings

It's been a while. Sorry.

I think I have been trying to play catch up in my day to day life. I honestly don't know all that I have done in the last two weeks. I did get a bisque firing done with all the work from demonstrating at the faire, and it took me three days to glaze all that work. I didn't get to do a glaze firing until this Monday and I unloaded Tuesday and took pictures today.

One of the pieces that came out of my glaze firing this week.
I did a show in Waupaca. A fall festival type thing, I'm not sure I'll be able to go it next year because the organizers of the Renaissance Faire are talking about changing the weekend, and I'd rather do the Renaissance Faire.

At the end of the festival, tired, a bit sunburned and ready for bed. We didn't get there for another 2 hours and then had to change rooms at the hotel because our toilet wouldn't flush.
This weekend I went to the big Renaissance Festival at Shakopee with my sister-in-law. We had fun, but it was very overwhelming and we got stuck in the parking lot for an hour and a half after the faire was done because of a train. We decided not to go back for the second day and instead visited the biggest candy store in America and we went to an REI store. The candy store was awesome, every type of candy you can think of and other things as well. Including a tardis, yes, we were geeks for a bit and played in the tardis. I think it is required when you come across one.

So yellow! Everything outside was yellow. 
I had hoped to get a backpack while at REI. But the first woman who helped us spent more time lecturing me on tents, pots, stoves, and planning ahead of time (unlike her nephew). And then we had very little time to look at and try on backpacks, and the guy that ended up helping me there didn't offer up any information. I had no idea what to ask in regard to picking out a backpack and he wasn't very helpful in offering me tips. I left without buying anything. Yesterday I got a notice about a sale on the tents that the woman had been suggesting through a different company and it was a bigger sale than what I would have gotten at REI so I bought a tent from there. But not the exact one she had recommended. I went with a one-person instead of the two-person in order to save on weight and some money. It is bigger than the one I borrowed, so I hope I don't feel too cramped.

Playing in the Police box. 
I don't know how much of my inner thoughts I should share on here. I've spent the better part of the last six years focused on getting property and starting a farm. I haven't done that. And because it has taken so long to get there, I'm not sure that is what I want anymore. I have no idea what I really want out of my life. When I become so focused on one thing, everything else stops existing for me. I'm so focused on my hike next year that I've forgotten about finding property, a farm, for a while I forgot about pottery. Instead of going out to the studio, I would research gear and food. I would read blogs and peruse Pinterest. I wasn't making any work. Now I have many of the things I need for a hike so I have started making work again, including my crocheted animals which need some restocking desperately.

But I'm still unsure. I don't want to decide on my life because I don't know what I want. I feel like I am in school again and my teachers expect me to pick a field of study, except that was easy for me, back then I knew I wanted to be in art. I can't change careers even if I wanted to, there isn't anything else I am interested in doing. And I don't want to go back to school. What I really want is to not have to make a decision, ever. Maybe I can just not decide until after my hike next spring. Maybe I'll figure out what's next while I'm hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment