Sunday, July 24, 2016

Bachelor Buttons in the Rain

Last night it started to rain. It was a gentle rain even though later it would become a storm. Which is ok too. I headed out to check on my chickens and put them to bed. I have no problem with wandering around in a soft rain, especially after being out in the heat of the day for an art show. (Here are pictures of my booth from the art show.)

My pot of bachelor buttons this morning.
As I was crossing the deck I glanced at my pot of bachelor buttons that I started from seed and have been waiting all summer for them to bloom. I was surprised and pleased to discover one had opened during the day and was now shimmering with raindrops. I immediately crossed the deck to stand and admire the flower in the rain.

I smiled there, on the deck, with the rain coming down and having noticed this one flower had opened up, so bright blue and delicate. I turned my face into the rain and just took a moment to appreciate this one little simple joy.

I put the chickens to bed and then, yes, I went back out in the rain to take a picture of that one flower. Two others opened up over night and there are several more buds getting some color, so hopefully I'll have a whole pot of bachelor buttons soon.

One of the other flowers that opened over night.
I love bachelor buttons.


2 comments:

  1. Your mom and you definitely share a love for all plants.....

    ReplyDelete