Thursday, August 31, 2017

Changing with the Seasons

I realized I'm having a hard time writing in a timely manner. It's already been 8 days since my last post. I'm feeling more of the fall briskness, a couple times the hint of winter has peeked through as well. We still haven't had our first frost and so are continuing to get some veggies out of the garden.

I love fall. I think I am more happy in the fall and in the spring. Those in between times when you can have warm or cool; sun, rain or possibly snow; and things are changing. In the summer it is all green and tends to be hot and humid. Here at least. And in the winter it is all snow. I think winter is the least changing and that makes sense since it is when everything is sleeping. I have no particular qualms with any one season, there are things I like about each, but I am a cool weather person. I like wearing jeans and sweatpants and curling up with a book, blanket and mug of hot chocolate. But I also want to be able to go stand in the sun and just absorb the warmth.

I'm changing with the seasons, too. I'm trying to let go of things that clearly make me unhappy or anxious. And when I finally make the choice and I feel that weight go, then I know it was the right decision, at least for the time being. I'm looking forward to finding more of myself, more confidence, more decision making ability, and I hope I can let go of a few more things in time.

But in the meantime, I have more pottery to be made, Kritters to crochet, business ventures to explore, and fall colors to enjoy! You all be sure to get out there and enjoy the last bits of summer and to be thankful for what you have, in whatever way is best for you.


1 comment: