Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Happy Fall Everyone!

With fall in the air I return to the studio. The end of my summer shows means I have a little break to make a few things in anticipation of my fall season and open studio time for the year. I'm refilling small items, playing with ideas that I might want to work on this winter when production demands drop off, and getting those last few items together for my renaissance faire.
Fall colors came early this year!
I did work on some Kritters to take up for restocking at Artistree. I may try to get a couple more done before I go up on Sunday, but since I have returned to the clay studio, that is where my creative energy is going at the moment.
Making leaf ornaments.
In my last post I told you about Stamp, Paper, Scissors where I now have work and of course the other shops around the area where you can purchase my work. The next three weeks or so I am once again having my open studios at home. So if you want to see all that I have, stop on by when my signs are out, or contact me through my Facebook page to make sure I am going to be around since I will be starting my hours at Artistree again now that my shows have come to completion.
More kids sale items.
I had fun this summer. I don't remember a lot of it, it becomes a blur when each week consists of making work, packing, shows, and unpacking, but I do remember meeting some great new people, seeing friends and acquaintances from previous years, seeing family and going on some small trips. I also know I have been trying to be more positive. Trying to figure out just what it is that I want for myself and who I am. It's more than being successful, more than knowing I am an artist with a soft spot for animals. It's finding contentment even in the painfully slow times, being at peace and problem solving when things get a little tight and being ok with it. Because as long as I can keep doing the things I love, and as long as I have family, friends, fans and customers who cheer me on, I really have no reason to be disappointed in this life I've chosen. I just have to keep reminding myself of that!
I love zinnias! And lucky for me they keep blooming into the fall.
And in the vein of family, friends, fans, and customers who cheer me on, if you've ever wondered about or wanted to be a patron of the arts now is your chance! I have started work on a Patreon page. It is a place where you make a monthly pledge and get exclusive access to patron-only videos, photos, and posts, and possibly receive some cool stuff that I'm making. You can view my preview page here and offer any suggestions for improvement of it before I launch. It is still a work in progress so you can't become my patron just yet, but thank you for looking, considering and if you feel moved to do so, thank you for sharing this far and wide!

1 comment:

  1. Very positive!!! I will always be your biggest cheerleader!!!

    ReplyDelete