Thursday, July 13, 2017

Dear Customers, Art Shoppers, and Patrons

When you purchase a piece of my pottery you are not buying clay and glaze.

No.

When you buy a piece of my work, or work from any artist or crafts person, you are buying years of experience and learning. You are buying time and effort; passions, creativity, ideas and inspiration. You are buying trials, mistakes, failures, successes and surprises; tears, sweat and sometimes blood. You are buying late nights, early mornings; fatigue, frustrations and stress. When you buy a piece from me, you are buying a piece OF me; a bit of my mind, heart and soul.

So when you put a piece of my pottery back because it is too expensive, or ask me for a deal or discount, or tell your child (grandchild, sister, brother, friend, etc.) to make one for you, please remember EXACTLY what I have put into that piece. And it isn't just clay and glaze.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have just expressed the passion and the frustration of every artist EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite possibly, there probably are also some other things that could be added to this as well that I haven't thought of.

      Delete