Saturday, May 20, 2017

Katlyn's Bohemian Designs

My new Facebook page has gone "live." I've decided after much mind changing to call this new venture "Katlyn's Bohemian Designs." In any art path I take, I've not been able to keep my focus on one medium. I started in pottery and branched into crochet and now with this new business branching off of Katlyn Koester Designs, I'm expanding on the crochet and adding painting and beading. And maybe some other things, I don't know yet, but everything will have a more bohemian and gypsy vibe.

To me that means pattern, color and texture. Bright bold paintings. Vibrant and/or luxurious crochet. Fun, a little funky, and little additions that make each thing just that much more unique.

I realized after unpacking my pottery this spring to set up for open studios, (which I am now in the midst of doing each day I am home) that the patterns I've been painting on my pottery have started going that way too. So all of my work is becoming bright, bold, fun, and hopefully worthy of the gypsies. I can picture many of my items being right at home in a gypsy wagon. And I can't even count the number of times I have wished to take a caravan and go exploring like a gypsy and just sell my art along the way. Just one of those fantasies that sounds very appealing when the winter snows start to cause cabin fever.

I still hope to get my Etsy shop up and running, but each time I look at it again I get frustrated by the steps I have yet to take to make it look professional and work as a store. For right now, my work can be viewed and bought on my Facebook page as I get it posted. I hope to have greeting cards before June. The printers have some of my paintings right now to turn into cards, so I will have those soon and I'm pretty excited about that. I also discussed with a friend some other options of things I could do with my new work, but that's still down the road a little bit.

1 comment: