Thursday, January 5, 2017

Surprises and Back to Work

My yarn rainbow. The fuchsia color is for below zero, but
if we don't get much of that I may also use it for above 90.
It's begun! Just letting you all know I got the yarn for my temperature afghan and I caught up on the first few days. (My first post about the afghan is here.) I think it is going to be very pretty. Except I may record the temperatures for a few days up to a week at a time and then sit down one day and do them all at once. It wasn't very fun doing the first row, it never is, it's the hardest row in my opinion, but I was very happy to do four rows at once instead of stopping after one. So I think I need to do a couple days at a time.

The first four days, I'm going to be continuing on with purple for
the next few days, not supposed to get out of the single digits here.
I also had a surprise yesterday. It isn't very often that I win something. And most times when I do the prize is something I might like to have, but never would have purchased on my own, but if I could win it that's great! So I signed up for an art supply giveaway over the 12 days of Christmas and then completely forgot that I had won. A box came for me yesterday and I had no idea what it was. It was the paper I had won. I thought I was only getting three pads, I got six and one is the kind and size I was planning on taking hiking with me so I could paint pictures on the trail. This giveaway was for things that I was going to buy eventually. I almost got myself one when I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday, glad I didn't!
The littlest pad will be coming on my hike of the Ice Age Trail.
On Tuesday I got back out into the studio, the pottery studio that is, my painting and bead studio is just a folding banquet table set up in my bedroom and I crochet wherever I feel like it. Anyway, I haven't made any pottery since November and with shows starting again (read a little about that here) I needed to start working on some things. I have plenty of work left over from last year, but I always try to have something new in the works for the new year. Today I will hopefully be trimming this work and getting ready for my first firing of the year later this month.
First work of 2017.
I always have new ideas floating around in my head, is it my Creative Genius whispering for me to get back out in the studio? (A little about the Creative Genius here.) Maybe, maybe I needed the break from pottery, maybe I needed the time to work only on crochet, beads and painting. Maybe it has now been enough time for me to want to get back in the studio. Whatever it is I have work in progress and things to do. Onward!

1 comment: