Thursday, December 29, 2016

2017 Art Plans Begin Now

It's the end of the year, and I hope everyone is having or has had a wonderful holiday season. Whichever holiday(s) you celebrate. The end of the year for me means catching up on bookkeeping and preparing to do my sales tax, but it also means the new show season is about to start.

My booth from one show in 2016.
I typically start shows no earlier than April and it looks as though I will be doing that again this year. That doesn't mean I can sit around until April. I have to get my applications sent in. I am hoping to do a few new shows this year, some bigger ones that are going to require a bit more work in terms of travel and planning. Those applications are going to start coming due in February. And since I am not going to be around to send out applications in April or May due to my hike, any applications I get that are due then will have to be completed and sent back upon their arrival in my inbox or mailbox.

I'm hoping to get into a second Renaissance Faire this year.
Before I get into the summer show season I will be having a sale for Valentine's Day on my Facebook page again this year. This year, however, instead of having only pottery, I will be including some of my other items. I have yet to make the pottery, that will be the next big thing on my list, but I have several beaded sun catchers made with plans to make more, and I'm working on a few Kritters to include as well.

A couple of the sun catchers I have done.
I know Christmas just happened and with presents just bought and opened, buying more gifts is pretty far down on everyone's list of things to do. As a maker of items that take a while to complete, I have to think months in advance and then hope I get everything done that I plan to do. So I will be reminding everyone again on my Facebook page when we get closer to my sale and Valentine's Day


An in progress bunny, it always looks like Frankenstein's
 lab when I'm assembling Kritters.

2 comments: