Thursday, January 26, 2017

Letter to the President: Concerns

I wrote a letter to the president. I will be putting it in the mail today, and I believe I will be writing more letters because there are a lot of things that I care about.

Dear Mr. President:


Recent reports coming from the White House have me concerned. I am an intelligent citizen of the United States of America and as such I believe I am capable of deciding for myself what conclusions to come to when presented with a set of information. However, since the orders coming from you and your administration include the removal of information from certain websites including the official page of the White House and the EPA, and the blocking of information being shared through these websites and others, how I am to come to my own conclusions?


I have come to one conclusion regarding the above question. By removing facts, actual proven facts, and not allowing the sharing of information, you plan to somehow create your own “facts” that will not be based in any research or actual proof and you think that the American people will not care. That by creating the new information you can brainwash the free-thinking American people to follow you blindly without any resistance.


I care Mr. President.


I care that for some reason you believe I can not think for myself. I care that the information you ordered removed belongs not to you alone, but to the scientists who did the research, the people who it actually relates to, and the people they choose to share it with.


Blocking people from information they have the right to access, the right to know, is not an act of Democracy, the very thing our country stands for and is so proud of. Censorship such as this goes against our First Amendment rights, Mr. President. You can not tell the press or the people what they can not say, what they can not share. That is not the role of President of the United States. We are not a dictatorship nor are we part of a feudalist society.


The people do have concerns, we do have a say in what happens to us, but right now I, and many others, are worried that you do not wish to do what is best for the American people, our country or the environment. The American people Mr. President, includes ALL the American people. If something you decide to do drastically endangers any of our people, our environment, or our country, then you are not representing us. You are representing you and your friends.


I care, Mr. President. I am not sure you do.

Sincerely a concerned citizen,

Katlyn Koester

No comments:

Post a Comment