Friday, February 5, 2016

This is me. Hi.

I can label myself as many things. Human, that's the easiest by far. Female, also fairly easy for me. Daughter, sister, sister-in-law, friend. I've been a creator, an artist, most of my life. More specifically I am a potter, have been since I was twelve, more than half my life I can say I've been a potter. I am also a quilter, crafter, and learner.

What I've thought about becoming for a long time is a writer, an author, maybe an illustrator. I've thought about writing children's books, novels, fantasy, memoir, fiction. I've thought about writing a blog, but then I think I can't do that. Just one more idea that I'll not follow through with. One more thing to add to my daily or weekly schedule that will clog up the rest of my time.

But why not? Why not try.

So, I am Katlyn. I am a human female with family and friends and I make things. Katlyn Koester Designs is the name of my creative business. I am new to this whole world of writing. Of actually sharing my thoughts and ideas with anyone. I usually try to hide behind a facade of who I think the world wants to see, who it expects me to be. The "typical woman in society" is not me. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with any life choices any person makes, but just because I am a female does not mean I have to meet anyone's standards of what a female is.

Except my own.

I think a female needs to be strong. I think she needs to be independent. I think she needs to follow her dreams. I think she needs to stand up for herself.

I'm not sure I have done these things yet. I'm not sure I'm strong or independent. I have tried to follow some of my dreams, it doesn't always go well, I'm still trying though. And rarely have I been able to stand up for myself.

I hope to share on this blog me, my dreams and goals, the things I make, the things I want to make, places I go and people I see. I hope you'll come with me on some of my life journey And I hope you'll be patient as I try out the whole writing and blogging thing.

1 comment: